Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kauai Day 2: I'll Follow the Sun

It rained all night and was still raining the next day. I was getting pretty desperate! Then I remembered what my trusty guide book said, "If it's raining on one side of the island, go to the other side." So we hopped in the car and headed south to Poipu Beach and found the sun! At least it was sunny when we got there. The sun kept peeking in and out of the clouds. We got our snorkeling gear on and got in the water.




The snorkeling was excellent at Poipu Beach. We saw coral and fish in all sorts of colors. The Kid even saw some sea cucumbers. And then we had a four hundred pound visitor...




Before we knew he was there he swam right up next to the Tween, but I didn't have my camera out then. We swam around with him for quite a while. Finally he decided to take a nap on the sand.




It was a very exciting day at the beach and we were happy to be there. The Kid said this morning that it was his favorite day of the whole trip. You can see in this picture just how happy he was to be there.


Happy Kid!



No comments: