Thursday, February 24, 2011

Epcot

We, of course, visited Disney World while we were in Florida. We love Disneyland in California. Both The Greek and I grew up very close to the park. Our boys are very familiar with Disneyland also. Time didn't permit us to visit the Magic Kingdom. Since we are so familiar with Disneyland, we didn't feel like we missed anything in the Magic Kingdom because the rides are the same. The park itself may look different, but the rides are the same.

One of our days we spent at Epcot. My boys really hated Epcot. And they let me know that every 5 minutes. I told them to suck it up because I really wanted to see the World Showcase. To shut them up we ate in almost every country. We ate brats in Germany, Teriyaki in Japan, Baklava in Morocco, and Crepes and Pastries in France. It still wasn't enough for the bottomless pits.


Mexico: "This is boring."

"Norway is so boring!"

"I'm going to die of boredom in China!"

"That German brat didn't fill me up."

Italy: "I'm going pretend I can't move because I'm sooo bored."

Japan: "Somebody help me this is sooo boring!"

"The baklava is tasty in Morocco."

France: "I know, I'll squeeze my brothers cheeks and then maybe I'll feel better."

England: "Can I get a cab, my parents won't let me leave Epcot."

Canada: Planning how to get back at their parents for taking them to Epcot.

The Rides:

Mission: Space- The boys liked it. I thought it was intense and nauseating, but really cool.

Test Track- We all thought it was okay. They were missing the roller coasters. They were pretty mad when they found out there were no roller coasters at Epcot.

Spaceship Earth- Super boring, but funny ending on the future you create. Each car has a computer screen where you design your own future world. The Tween and I were laughing so hard we almost peed our pants.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends- boring. It's for preschoolers.

Soarin'- They thought it was okay. It's no roller coaster. The Greek and I loved it.

Living with the Land- They thought it was boring. I thought it was interesting because I like gardening.

We feel pretty satisfied with Epcot. There was a ton more to do, but obviously not our cup of tea. They really need a roller coaster.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip to Epcot, lol!

Ria's Random Thoughts said...

Yeah, well I liked it. Silly teenagers.

Lisa R.D. said...

Loved all the bored comments :). Your boys are so funny!