Sunday, March 27, 2011

This Man Really Loves Me


The Greek and Ria
I'm home today feeling a little under the weather. I've been feeling sick for a few days now. I've tried to fight it, but this morning I woke up feeling exhausted and very dizzy. My throats been killing me and my sinuses have been burning. Last night I didn't sleep much because I kept waking up feeling like I couldn't breath and so I would start coughing.

Usually I tough it out and go to church. I was planning on it. But after a night of no sleep, I gave up. I hate missing church and almost never stay home even when I'm sick. I love getting my spiritual cup filled each week and seeing my cute little CTR 6 class. But this morning I asked The Greek if he could teach my class for me. He, without hesitation, said "of course I will." Then I reminded him that I had also promised to help with the sharing time lesson. He said that was fine too.

We had both slept in that morning because of a night with no sleep. The Greek had taken a late nap Saturday afternoon and messed up his schedule. I don't think he went to bed until the early morning hours. And then he listened to me cough again and again.

So when he went downstairs and asked if I wanted him to make me breakfast, I knew again that this man really loves me. It's always the selfless acts of service that he gives that make me feel so loved by him. I think that is one of the secrets to a happy marriage.

No comments: