Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Break

Today is the first day of Spring Break. It snowed last night. Boo.

I wish I was on vacation, but that's not happening.

The Jehovah's Witnesses just stopped by and invited me to church next Sunday. That was very nice of them.

It reminds me of another time I opened the door to a red headed woman claiming to be a Jehovah's Witness. After she gave me her invitation to learn more about her church, her two partners at the bottom of my front steps started laughing.

I thought that was odd for Jehovah's Witnesses.

To mock me openly, I mean.

Then the rather tall Witness said, "Vern, she doesn't recognize you!"

Yes, it was my long lost best friend, Vern, pretending to be a Jehovah's Witness. She had recently dyed her hair from golden blond to fiery red. It still took me a second before I smacked her and invited them into my home.

In my defense, I must say that I had been stressed out planning my first Girls Camp at the time. You could have run me over with a bulldozer that month and I wouldn't have noticed.

By the way, Vern is not her real name. It's her blogger name and you can find her here.

2 comments:

Vern said...

That was so funny! Also in your defense, I hadn't even seen you for a few years. I've thought about going red again just for the heck of it, but I think I'm a better blond.

Oh, and boo on the snow during spring break! I hope it shapes up before the week is up.

Ria's Random Thoughts said...

That was funny! You looked really good with red hair. I like the blond too. You're lucky you can do both.