Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Eiffel Tower

The first time we attempted to see the Eiffel Tower it was closed. I think it was a holiday. So we went back at the end of the week.


For some reason I can't find some of my good pictures of France so these awful ones will have to do. We could see all the major sites from atop the tower, but they did not show up that well in the photos, so use your imagination. The best time to see Paris is at night when everything is lit up. And high up the Eiffel Tower the lights of the city are magical. But again your going to have to use your imagination.



So, I think Martha really deserves a "best sister in the universe award" for coming with me on this trip and letting me plan every second of it. And Desperado deserves a "best brother in-law award" for finding all the sites in the countryside that were literally in the middle of nowhere. I don't think we would have made it everywhere without him. I'll get to the Loire Valley part of the trip soon. Paris was incredible, but the Loire Valley was like entering a fairy tale that you can't imagine still exists in the french countryside. We were blown away at the beauty and the efforts of the french government and people in preserving their history.

Here's my brain literally exploding from the view of the city at night and actually being on the Eiffel Tower!

2 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

I felt the same way being on top of the Eiffel Tower at night... so surreal. It feels like it was a dream! A dreamy, wonderful, marvelous dream.

Ria's Random Thoughts said...

It was so awesome!