Saturday, July 16, 2011

Senior Moments

When my mom does something elderly-like she calls them "Senior Moments."

We all have them from time to time, even if we aren't so "seniorie."

A funny thing happened on our way to our hotel in Park City this week. The Greek stopped for directions (that could be the funny thing all on its own) at a grocery store. He was gone about 5 maybe 10 minutes. When he got back to the car he was giggling to himself.

Yes, giggling.

And the Greek doesn't usually giggle to himself.

Then he said, "I got in the wrong car."

I was confused. "What do you mean you got in the wrong car? This is our car."

"No, see that white mini van over there?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, I thought it was ours and I got in it. At first, I thought why is our car so messy? Then I heard, 'You're in the wrong car.' I turned around and saw a teenager and some kids that weren't mine. I said, 'sorry' and the teen said, 'No worries.'"

The Greek was laughing now.

I said to the Greek, "You know I'm going to have to blog about this."

"Yeah, I know."

3 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

Thanks for the good laugh :). I promise I'll stop reading blogs now and go and read our book club book :).

Ria's Random Thoughts said...

I know Lisa! I need that book, come on!

Vern said...

Oh my gosh, that is so classic!