Thursday, August 25, 2011

How To Get an A in Math

A few years ago I was at a family party talking to my brother in-law, Desperado. I was complaining about The Teen and his struggles with doing his homework or something like that. Desperado's advice was to get him a "hot" teacher. He swore that a "hot" teacher would make him a model student. I laughed at his inappropriateness as always, but then paused as a memory came sweeping back into my mind.
Many of my closest friends and family know of my dislike for math. It is the polar opposite of my brain's natural tendencies, which is to think romantically of life and not in strange algebraic equations. I rather be covered in honey with an army of fire ants coming at me than doing boring old math. I have always been this way.
But, one year of my life things were much different. My 8th grade pre-algebra class was the most fascinating year of my junior high life. I had a "hot" teacher. For math. I can't remember his name because I was always referred to him as Magnum P.I. in my mind.



He even dressed like him with those short O.P. shorts and long legs . . . Sorry I have to wipe the drool from my mouth. Anyways, math was very interesting that year. Needless to say I got an A. What are the odds of that happening?
Yesterday The Teen came home from school and told me his math teacher was "smokin'."
Confused I said, "What?"
"She's smokin' hot mom."
"Good! I guess you'll be getting an A in Pre-Calculus."

2 comments:

ChelleJ said...

Really? Whats her name Jeremy will need to have her....

Vern said...

Mr. Blok!!!