Sunday, August 7, 2011

San Pasqual Reunion

Last night The Greek and I went to my high school reunion. It was the first one I've been to and I graduated 24 years ago.

That actually physically hurt me to type that.

All my high school reunions have been in California, so I haven't made it to any of them.

My neighbor, Hans Hendershot, decided to throw one at his house here in Utah.

It's funny how many of us Mighty Eagles live so close to each other now, so many miles away from where we grew up.

A lot of us came to Utah many years ago to attend BYU and decided it was so nice up here we stayed.

I think all of us equally miss the beach and "real" Mexican food.

But, we're happy here in "Happy Valley" and have spent the last 15-20 raising our kids here.

It was strange last night because although I was one of the oldest alumni there and knew most of the other alumnus's older siblings, it felt like I was back in Escondido.

I can't explain what a unique place Escondido was to me. So many of the people and families I knew influenced me greatly. I have such a love for that place, especially the people.

It really is the people in your life that make all the difference.

And Escondido had some of the best people I've ever met.

For those who weren't there last night, you were missed.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I would have loved to attend! Because I'm so far away, I haven't been to a reunion yet. However, facebook is a good substitute for seeing people. Thanks for sharing!

Ria's Random Thoughts said...

I wish you were there too! Facebook is a really good substitute. Stacey Berry and I were the only ones from the class of '87, everyone else was at least three years younger, so I knew their older siblings. It was still great though.

Vern said...

I want to know more!

Ria's Random Thoughts said...

Well, Stacey and Michelle Berry and I were the last ones to leave, of course. We drove around looking at houses for Michelle and talked about old boyfriends. Then Michelle said she felt like it was past her curfew and we had to go home. Ha Ha!