Monday, September 19, 2011

The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Martha throws one heck of a party. Every September she invites the family to a big birthday party celebrating all the September birthdays. We have a lot of people born in September in our family, but the only ones who could make it this year were: My Mom, Martha, The Lanky Chef, and Lil' Ems.
The theme of the party came from The Lanky Chef, who just happens to be the son of Martha. He wished for a "real" birthday party because he hasn't had one since he was 9. He meant he wanted lots of present, but you have to be careful what you wish for around Martha. She took him literally. The result? Something that reminded me of the Matter Hatter's Tea Party, except it was a very happy birthday to you and you and you and you.
Martha, the birthday girl.
My Mom, the other birthday girl.
The moment they realized this was going on my blog.
Bob Villa, The Greek, and Desperado aka "The Think Tank."
Lil' Ems, the other birthday girl.
The birthday girls.
"I've never had a pinata at any of my birthday parties!"
Living the dream!
My Mom, Lil' Ems, Martha, and the Lanky Chef. Happy Birthday!

No comments: