Monday, October 10, 2011

My Life as a Sitcom

I've talked about the show The Middle before. How scary it is that it mirrors my life in so many ways. And how it doesn't. So it makes me feel better about myself. Well Wednesday night last week, I missed it. So I watch it the following day. The Kid was sitting next to me. He kept laughing and looking at me. Then The Tween who was watching from across the room said, "Hey, remember when you did that?" Yes, it's true. I've had a few meltdowns. I'm a very patient person, but sometimes somethings got to give. And when it's not them, it's me. I laughed so hard when Frankie was driving away from her family crying and singing to the radio and then crying ever harder. Being a mom can drive you crazy!
My greatest meltdown of all meltdowns I didn't drive to my mom's. I drove to the Temple in the dark. I parked. Cried. Then cried some more. Then I asked God to help me go back home and know how to deal with it all. Finally I stopped crying. I went back home. And dealt with it.
For a good laugh, watch this. And, by the way, I've never eaten The Teen's toenails. Not to my knowledge anyways. The thing that sent me over the edge that time was I made a fabulous dinner and when I told everyone it was dinner time, I was ignored. See? Don't make me angry people. But like Frankie said, "It's not just the toenails, it's my whole life." That's exactly how I felt that night. And still do many times, but most days I'm able to keep it together.

4 comments:

Vern said...

So you've graduated from stealing twinkies to crying in parking lots. Whatever works, I say.

Ria's Random Thoughts said...

I didn't steal the twinkie! Amy just thought she had a right to the last one.

Unknown said...

I totally had rights to that twinkie!

Ria's Random Thoughts said...

So you do read my blog. You probably did have rights to it, but I was just a mean older sister.