Friday, October 7, 2011

One More Ray of Sunshine

So Ruby just can't lose the bacteria in her bladder. We've tried antibiotics since June. She seems perfectly healthy on the outside. Yesterday when I was feeling oh so gloomy, I had the daunting task of taking Ruby to yet another vet appointment. It was a follow up to her great results at the beginning of September. In the mean time, she had start leaking again during naps and I took her in about mid-September to find out she once again had a bladder infection. I wanted to scream! Then I went home and added up the vet bills and I wanted to cry.
So when my Vet walked in I didn't expect to get out of there without news of more costly tests and meds. But, then he said, "I think our next step is to do a contrast study on her bladder, ureters, and kidneys." I'm very familiar with this test because The Tween had it twice when he was a baby. Oh, yes, we've been through the ringer with medical tests and surgeries. Maybe I'll blog about that sometime. Then he went on to say, "And I'm going to do it for free because I really want to figure out what is going on with her." My jaw dropped. I almost started crying. Don't get me wrong, we're not going into debt over this, but we have had to dip into our savings. But look at this sweet little face.

1 comment:

Deila said...

how sweet and wonderful of your vet -- and yes that face, what a cute dog. And what a blessing for you, now I hope he finds the problem and it is simple.