Friday, November 4, 2011

Teen Me


I came across this picture the other day and it got me thinking. Thinking about the girl I used to be. I was 17 years old when this was taken. It was the day after my senior prom. I was turning 18 in just a few weeks and graduating from high school. And I had no idea what I was going to do. And I didn't really care that much. Well, that's not completely true. I had plans to go to a local college and keep hanging out with my friends as much as possible because most of them had the same plans. The more I think about myself back then, the more I want to time travel and tell myself a few things. But, then I think about how much fun I had and I know my 17 year old self wouldn't listen. Why? Because she was pretty darn happy with things even though she didn't have a clue. She had great friends who cared about her and would do anything for her. She had great parents and sisters who would help her if she would just ask. And eventually, she made all the right decisions. Even though she could have done things better, she wouldn't have learned as much. And I wouldn't be me today. What do you remember about this girl?

2 comments:

Vern said...

The title of your blog says it all - I remember your random thoughts! "I want to be Nephi's wife" for example. I also remember Lance Romance calling you every day for a week after I gave him your phone number at a dance you missed. I remember walking to your house almost every day, and I remember feeding you through most of high school. I remember I would have been miserable without you.

Ria's Random Thoughts said...

I remember all of that too. Except the Nephi's wife thing. But it's believable because I still think he looks hot in those paintings.

You never appreciated your mother's roast beef.

And I couldn't have made it without you. Or at least it wouldn't have been as fun.