Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Orange You Glad to Know This?

When I die and go to heaven (cross my fingers) I want to have an orange tree again. I grew up with a couple of them in our yard and a neighbor with an orchard full of them. Every year we would have bags of ripe oranges to juice. Or when I was hungry or thirsty while mowing the lawn, I would pluck one from the tree. I think they were a type of mandarin orange. They were small with loose skin and seeds. And oh so sweet and juicy. The difference between those ripe off the tree oranges and what I get in the grocery store now, makes me want to weep.
My three little beloved orange trees are to the left of the garage.

4 comments:

Vern said...

This picture makes me want to weep.

Ria said...

Here's a kleenex.

Deila Taylor said...

Oh, I soo agree. I would love an orange tree. We have a lemon tree right now (we just rent) and a cherry tree.

Ria said...

We had a lemon tree too. The best lemonade ever!