Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Deja Vu

So I'm supposed to be having tea with the Queen right now. Instead, I'm listening to The Kid hack up a lung. (Strep Throat) Watching Teen 2 burn up with fever on the couch. (Influenza) Cleaning up dog puke and diarrhea. (Eating garbage? I think she's Bulimic.) And finishing up my giant antibiotic horse pills in about 5 days. (Strep Throat? Maybe a nervous breakdown.) Say what?
Saturday The Greek and I were going to be boarding a plane for jolly ole London, but Thursday his work cancelled the trip. There were reasons. I think I'm having deja vu of last March, when our trip to China got cancelled. I'm really not making this up people.
Luckily for me and everyone around me, The Greek took me away for the weekend anyway. Although it wasn't Buckingham Palace, we did have a great time in Midway for two nights. We discovered yummy Mexican food at Tarahumara. Enjoyed a stroll in the snow. Stayed at our favorite inn, where we could pretend we were in Europe. And watched a five hour marathon of The Walking Dead and then enjoyed the season finale, which gave me nightmares. But I still loved it.

Meanwhile back home Teen 1 held down the fort, while his brothers dropped like flies. The dog waited to get sick until I got home. Anyways, the trip is postponed and I have a huge credit for airfare with Delta. It may all be for the best, however, since the Harry Potter movie studio doesn't open until April. Sorry, I have to go.

No comments: