Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tuacahn

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week Teen 1, Teen 2, The Kid and I went to St. George with two of my sisters, Martha and BugaCita, and their kids. Monday night we saw Aladdin The Musical at Tuacahn. It was hotter than Hades! I felt like I was going to pass out because the theatre is outdoors in the middle of the desert. It was 109 degrees at 9pm. The show was over at about 11pm. It was still really good, just completely crazy boiling hot. It reminded me of trying to sleep at Lake Mead's campground. You get about two hours of sleep between 2am and 4am when it finally cools down enough to drift off temporarily. Basically I got about an hour of enjoyment when the Genie finally came on stage and made me forget where I was temporarily. Tuacahn is awesome, but much better in June I bet. Well, maybe next year.
Teen 1 got to see Hairspray the next night with Martha, his Cousin-Twin, and Sweet Livi. He LOVED it! In fact, he couldn't stop talking about it all the way home.
The best thing about the trip was spending time with my sisters and my nieces and nephews. The kids had a blast playing in the pool all day and going out to eat at night. It was also nice that we rented a huge house with a pool all to ourselves.
Loved the pool!
Teen 1 playing with his cousins.
Too bad he didn't wear his rash guard the next day. He got a little fried.
The guppy had a blast!
The traditional Olive Garden dinner.
Another victim of the desert sun.
Getting ready to go home, well some of us are.
Very comfy.
The Cousins
The Sisters

1 comment:

Lisa R.D. said...

So glad I got your input on St. George... it is flooding right now, so whether or not we go remains to be seen :). Did I tell you I loved your treats? They made a yummy snack today.