Friday, July 26, 2013

The Missionary

It is so strange to think that my son is going to be gone for two years. I think we are all still in a state of shock. His farewell talk blew me away. I knew then he was really ready to serve the Lord and the people of Spain. It was a great day. His setting apart the next night at our home was wonderful. The blessing the stake president gave him was incredible. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is going to be preached to more people than ever before in the history of the world. It is an exciting time to be a missionary. Watch out Spain, here comes El Greco!
After his farewell at our home.
The Greek and The Missionary.
After his farewell with his grandmas.
Saying goodbye to his "Krew" at the airport.
No tears were shed between us, believe it or not. We just felt so excited for him.
See you in two years...
It is so nice that the Madrid MTC has the new missionaries sit down as soon as they arrive from the airport and write an email to their parents. Here is The Missionary's first email to us:
July 24, 2013
Spain, Madrid MTC
Hola!
So I only have a couple minutes to write this. We just barely got to the MTC and now I'm headed to class already. I got plenty of sleep on the plane and I'm ready to go. The temple is awesome and the people are awesome. I've been speaking Spanish to everybody and at the airport people kept asking where I was going or why I was in a suit. I told them and they really liked the idea. Hope you guys are doing well. I'll have more time to write next time. Me amo mi familia!!!!
The Missionary

No comments: