Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Families Are Forever

My Eternal Family
My most treasured gift I have been given in this life is my family. There is simply nothing more important to me. I would sacrifice all I have for their happiness. When they are happy, I am happy. Without temples on the earth, it would not be possible to be together after this life. I am so grateful for temples.
My happiest memory is the day I was sealed in the temple to my husband. My greatest comfort is the knowledge that my husband, my children, my parents, my siblings and so forth can be together forever.
The best dream I ever had was a sweet vision of my family that is waiting to see us again. In my dream I saw a little farmhouse in a green valley. It was empty, but I knew that someday we would fill it with laughter and love just like we used to when we'd gather at my parents' or my grandparents' homes in the past.
Now in my mind I like to think about my Dad sitting on the porch whittling his latest masterpiece. My Grandma Ruby and Grandpa Pete laughing while trying to beat each other at ping pong in the yard under a huge tree. My Aunt Betty keeping score. My Grandma Ila sweeping the porch, getting it ready for us to arrive. And my Grandpa Cecil sitting next to my Dad chatting away. And Ruby, our dog, running around in a stream nearby. I can't imagine anything more heavenly.

No comments: