Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Missionary's First Area

The Missionary was assigned his first area on Tuesday. We've been anxiously waiting for an email from his mission president. They had lots of missionaries come from the MTC that day into the Madrid Mission, so we knew it would take a few days before we got it. It was a lot like Christmas and a lot like I had no idea where my son was, but I knew he was in good hands.
Finally, this afternoon I saw the email in my inbox. I was so excited!
He has been assigned to Oviedo, Spain. It is a beautiful city in Northern Spain. It dates back to the 8th century. There is a cathedral, a university and a castle there. It's not far from the Bay of Biscay. His companion and trainer is Elder A, who is from Utah also. The Missionary will be in a new 12 week training program, which gives him an extra hour to study each day and specific things that he must report on to President Jackson.
We are so thrilled for him. He is going to rock Oviedo! I can only imagine how excited he was traveling on the train to Northern Spain that evening and then meeting Elder A when he arrived.
P-Days are on Mondays now, so I will be updating on Monday from now on.
Sister Jackson, The Missionary, and President Jackson
All the missionaries entering the Spain, Madrid mission on September 2, 2013 with President and Sister Jackson.

No comments: