Monday, November 25, 2013

True Happiness Endures


I'm happy. I've realized more than ever what true happiness is. It's not experienced in a moment, but it is something that endures. The happiness of the world is a different feeling compared the pure happiness of the Spirit. We are so blessed to have this wonderful blessing in our lives. To know that the Church Of Jesus Christ was restored on the earth. We have the authority of God and a living prophet to guide us. These three things testify to me that God does love us. He is helping us along our way to make it back to him. All we have to do is listen and push away our doubts. We all know Uchtdorf's quote, "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith."

We baptized M on Saturday. I love that guy so much. Elder H had the opportunity to baptize him and although he struggled with the words it was one of the most spiritual experiences in my life. M is hungry for the gospel and wants to know more. He will be receiving the priesthood very soon. He has a very strong desire to move to the States and study and live there. If anyone knows a way for him to get into a good cheap school please let me know. We are helping him with his English and to meet the requirements to live in the States.

Transfers were on Saturday as well.... Me and Elder A have another transfer together! We are so excited to be able to have Christmas together. We are going to get a Christmas tree today! We will have 12 missionaries in our district now. Before it was only 6! The work is definitely growing here, especially in Oviedo. When I got here there were about 50 who came to church. We've had 8 baptisms in the last 2 months and are working hard on reactivating people. Now there are over 70 at church.... The problem is that the capacity of the building is 70. Do I hear a new building? President!!

I had the opportunity to go to Avilles the other day for a companionship exchange. It was a fun experience and the members there are awesome too! There are only 20 members there and their church building is actually a building! With bricks... and a pulpit... and cool pictures.... What? Oviedo's time will come.

I'm teaching a 5 year old piano now, I have 3 students! Also, we ate at a members house and they put 5 of these waaaaaaay hot peppers in the soup we ate. I've come to know that my eye twitches like crazy when I eat spicy things. I loved it though.

Here's a really great quote that I found this week:

"Throw the rascals out! Replace lewd thoughts with hopeful images and joyful memories, picture the faces of those who love you and would be shattered if you let them down. More than one man has been saved from sin or stupidity by remembering the face of his mother, his wife, or his child waiting somewhere for him at home. Whatever thoughts you have, make sure they are welcome in your heart by invitation only. As an ancient poet once said, let will be your reason."

-Jeffrey R. Holland (Place No More for the Enemy of My Soul - 2010 Conference Saturday Afternoon Session)
I would invite you all to look this up on line. His voice is much more powerful when you watch it.

I love you all, Thanksgiving Baby!!

Elder Giforos

No comments: