Monday, November 18, 2013

Your Happily Ever After


Family and Friends,
This week was a very sad but great week for me. B died last Tuesday and we had his funeral on Saturday. His family had him cremated so we had the service in the church building. It was difficult to see his family there and the pain in their faces, but by the end of the service they had hope and felt better. There were a lot of great things shared that day. Elder L (an elder serving up here with me) shared a dream that he had with us. He said that he saw B and he was healthy and smiling. He asked him how he's doing and B said, with the biggest smile, "Estoy muy bien." It was a really touching experience for all of us.

Transfers are this Saturday so we'll find out who is leaving. Me and my companion are pretty confident that we'll have one more transfer together. We are getting Christmas fever like crazy, we can't wait! We're going to get a little Christmas tree and everything. We get to Skype our families Christmas day for about an hour or so. I'll make an account and send it to you soon family. Everyone can come to the Skype call!

I've been studying the Bible a lot lately and reading conference talks. I found probably one of my favorites ever. It was in the Young Women's broadcast in 2010. The talk is called "Your Happily Ever After" by President Uchtdorf. I want to share this part with you all:

"We all search for happiness, and we all try to find our own happily ever after. The truth is, God knows how to get there! And He has created a map for you; He knows the way. He is your beloved Heavenly Father, who seeks your good, your happiness. He desires with all the love of a perfect and pure Father that you reach your supernal destination. The map is available to all. It gives explicit directions of what to do and where to go to everyone who is striving to come unto Christ and stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places. All you have to do is trust your Heavenly Father. Trust Him enough to follow His Plan. 

Nevertheless, not all will follow the map. They may look at it. They may think it is reasonable, perhaps even true. But they do not follow the divine directions. Many believe that any road will take them to a happily ever after. Some may even become angry when others who know the way try to help and tell them. They suppose that such advice is outdated, irrelevant, out of touch with modern life. THEY SUPPOSE WRONG.

Happily Ever After is not something found only in fairy tales. You can Have it! It is available for you! But you must follow your Heavenly Father's map. Your once upon a time is now."

Read the 2010 conference. There are a lot of great messages in there, like all the other conferences. I love you all.

Elder Giforos

Something to cheer us up. 
According to The Greek and Ryan: "If I can't dance, your revolution doesn't interest me."
Snow

2 comments:

RyanH said...

Google translate missed just enough to change the meaning,

"If I can't dance, your revolution doesn't interest me."

Slight change in words, but then again... my spanish is a little rusty!

Ria said...

Thanks Ryan. Pete told me that, but I didn't change it yet.