Monday, December 2, 2013

The Crown Turkeys


It is getting COLD here. The streets are strung with Christmas lights and I'm so glad that I get to spend my first Christmas on my mission in Oviedo. Me and my companion are going to make a Christmas card and send it out soon. We are both really excited and blessed to be here.

To start off this week we went to a Chinese buffet place. I ate an octopus. It was crunchy. I did it because I had to show the sisters up. They eat the weirdest and craziest food. Hopefully I don't grow like a third kidney or get some disease.

We started a new transfer and we have a bunch of new missionaries up here in Asturias. Elder B is now in Oviedo with us. He was in the MTC with me and Elder V. He's an awesome missionary.

We had 3 more baptisms in Oviedo this past Saturday and there are 3 more coming this Saturday. The area here is exploding. We had 78 at church the other day and the church building has a capacity of 70. I sure am hoping for a new building soon. I am going to have the opportunity to baptize a little 9 year old girl this Saturday. She asked me to baptize her and it was the cutest thing. I love all the people here.

We went up to Gijon for Thanksgiving and ate a ton of food. Me and Elder A made 2 turkeys and they were crowned the best two turkeys ever made. They were so good, we were amazed. It was a lot of fun and I ate just as much food as I would have in the States. The H's made pumpkin pie, apple pie, a whole bunch of good food.

A member from our ward in Oviedo is leaving for her mission in Mexico tomorrow.
 
I love you all. Thank you for your support.

Elder Giforos



No comments: