Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Buenas Tardes todos,
The transfer is just about over now... The days and months keep blurring by. It's going too fast! My comp and I have done some serious work this transfer. A missionary is happy when there's work to do. There's ALWAYS work to do so a missionary should ALWAYS be happy. I love being so close to the spirit and being a part of the Lord's miracles. Like Elder Holland said, "My mission means everything to me."
I want to invite everyone to watch the Mormon message titled, "Two Brothers Apart." Really really good. Reminds us how important our family relationships can be.
Also, I'd like to share this quote I found, "Preach the Gospel at all times and if necessary use words." -President Uchtdorf. I love this quote. Recently I gave a talk in sacrament meeting on being an example. I believe that the power of an example can be far more powerful than anything we could ever say. I'm where I'm at today because of great examples in my life. More eyes are watching than we sometimes think.
Soccer is getting as crazy as ever here. When I was in Fuerteventura with Elder Cahoon, we were walking in the street and all of a sudden an uproar from every bar in the city erupted. It was nuts. The people here are psycho here about soccer. It's a way of life here. I hear that Real Madrid is doing really good right now, we have some members who love giving us updates.
We have a lot of family home evenings here with the members. One night this week we had one and we watched the church video called, "Only a Stonecutter" really awesome story. Our ward mission leader's little girl gave the prayer to bless the food. She's 3. It was super cute.
We had a zone meeting (through camera) on Thursday. We have new zone leaders and they are amazing missionaries. Seriously learned a ton from them in the meeting. Really excited to work with them. Here's a few things we learned and were reminded of:
1. Only the home can compare in holiness with the temple.
2. Alma 43:19-21 Don't preach naked.
3. We are IN the Restoration. Don't sleep during it.
4. On our road to Jerusalem we are going to find people like the Good Samaritan found. WE will be the Samaritan. Promise yourself that. Don't be the Priest or the Levite who just passed by. Luke 10:30.
Something I was thinking of too is that this short life that we are given is a time to work! We have a promised eternity of rest. Let's get to work and rest when it's finished.
It's been a great experience learning about different cultures and religions. There's a great big mix of people here. The other day we sat with a Muslim, Catholic and a crazy guy for dinner! Interesting conversation that night for sure. Really when it comes down to it we're all brothers and sisters. That's a principle even the hardest of hearts can agree on.
Yesterday was mother's day in Spain. We spent the day visiting mothers and singing to them. We sang for a lot of people in the street too. It was a special day with a special spirit. I'm glad we could share that with everyone. I want to wish every mother a happy mother's day this up coming Sunday.
I love my mom and am grateful for the influence of righteous mothers in our lives. "There are few things more powerful than the prayers of a righteous mother."
I was thinking a lot about Jesus Christ and the relationship He had with His mother. While hanging from the cross he lovingly and tenderly instructed his beloved apostle John to care for His heart-broken mother. Even the Saviour of each and everyone of us loved His mother with all His heart. Let's follow our Perfect Example: Jesus Christ.
I love everybody. Have a great week!!

Elder Gifororororororos


No comments: