Monday, June 23, 2014

Until We Meet Again

Their last Skype together between islands. Elder Giforos and Elder S on Lanzarote and Elder C and Elder F on Fuerteventura. They made a great district.
Well Family,

Big news! I'm heading to Madrid in about 2 hours with Elder F! (Elder F is going to be comps with my trainer!) I'm going to be serving in Barrio 1 (Not sure exactly where that is, northwest of Madrid), I'm going to be comps with Elder M who is from South America I think. I'll be finishing his training and I'm District Leader again!! Woo! The best part is... I'm going to the temple on July 2!! Finally! After almost a year. I'm so excited. You called it mom! It's all bitter sweet news because I love it here so much. I'm super excited though to train and be district leader again and serve in Madrid and be with a native Spanish speaker. It's going to be amazing.

This week was a great last week in Lanzarote. I'm going to miss my comp so much. He's an amazing guy and definitely a brother to me. I can't believe that I've been here in the island a little more than 4 months. The time passes so quickly. And now I'm leaving! I'm so excited for the next chapter of my mission. It was hard saying goodbye to all of my family here. I know I'll see them all again so I'm not sad at all. You should see this smile on my face!

We did a lot of service this week. We went to a member's farm and did some work over there. It's amazing how the plants can grow out of what is basically rock here. We had a great time up there. We played some pretty competitive Bochi Ball too. On the way up there, we were in the car with our 1st counselor and he said, "It smells like something is burning..." I looked down and saw smoke coming out of the radio. We all freaked out but turned out it was all good. That was super funny.

I want to invite everyone to look up a video called, "Cuerdas" on YouTube. I'm pretty sure you can find it on there and it's only in Spanish but you can understand it. If it's not on there, a member here is going to send it to my Facebook page when my mom accepts her as a friend for me. It's a cartoon about a little girl who befriends a handicap child at her school. Super sweet, I loved it.

I don't have very much time. I just wanted to share a little thought though. I know that every calling in the church has great significance. We all have to work together for this church to function. The church functions as a body does, you can't move without the feet neither the head (D&C 84:109-110). We all need to work together for the church to continue growing and for the Lord's work to continue hastening. If someone is weak in the spirit, bind up their burdens and work with them (D&C 84: 106).

I love you all. Talk to you next week with plenty of stories and pictures!

Elder Giforos

No comments: