Monday, July 14, 2014

P-Day

Parque de Atracciones de Madrid
Hey family!
I don't have very much time today but I'll write as much as I can. The reason is because we are going to "Parque de Atracciones de Madrid" it's a giant theme park with rollercoasters. We got permission to go! I'm super excited!

This week we had interviews with President Jackson. It was really good to see him and talk a little bit about the district and how everyone's doing. I always feel the Spirit so strong when I have interviews with him. He told me something that I really liked. He said, "The Spirit does not work by routine." It's true. If we really follow the Spirit in our callings we will never work by routine. We will work by what the Lord wants. If we follow the Spirit while teaching, what was before "our lesson" now becomes the "Lord's lesson."

Our investigators are doing really well. We had 6 in church this last Sunday! The members are great too with being their friends. I love the members here! All really amazing people.

My comp and I were invited to speak to the youth about how they can prepare to make covenants with the Lord. We talked about setting goals (of course! We're missionaries!) and also about completing with the simple things that the Lord asks us to do. Sometimes we forget about all the little things, but really they are the most important! Pray, Read your scriptures, and GO TO CHURCH!

I've been studying a lot about the history of our church and the first members. I've read a lot of stories about different members who struggled as the church was first starting. They had amazing faith and trust in the Lord. They were willing to do anything the Lord asked them to. They are examples to me and their stories amaze me. Reading about the dedication of the Kirtland Temple and when the saints sang the song, "The Spirit of God" written by William W. Phelps for the first time gave me some really strong spiritual impressions. We actually sang that song the next day in sacrament meeting and I felt the Spirit so strong. The Lord is hastening his work and preparing His people for His coming. I love you all!

Elder Giforos

No comments: