Monday, August 4, 2014

Zone Leaders

Elder Giforos and Elder D
Transfers!!
Well family, I didn't think anything was going to happen, but a lot did. I was very surprised when I opened the transfer information for my district. The only person transferred was... Me! What? I'm heading over to Barrio 5 (the other ward that attends our same church building haha) this also happened to my MTC companion Elder Fonseca. 

My new companion is Elder D (he's my zone leader right now) and he's from Esmeraldas, Ecuador. He's black and I love him! President asked him to extend his mission one transfer more. So I get to be with him until he returns home next transfer. Remember how I said he's my zone leader? Well I'm the other zone leader now. Wait, what? Crazy haha. I'm super excited for this calling and ready to see tons of miracles!

Not going to lie, I'm going to miss Barrio 1 and my comp like crazy. In just 6 weeks I developed such strong relationships with these people. The good thing is I will see them every week in church and I also get to do exchanges with the elders in Barrio 1. I know the Lord knows where I need to be though, so I'm ready to obey.

My last week here was great. We set some good baptism dates, my comp and his new companion are going to baptize this next transfer for sure. I'm so excited for them. The assistants to the president came to our district meeting this last week and the Spirit was so strong. I love those Elders. I'm excited for the opportunity I have to work with them more.

One of the members I'm going to miss the most here is H. He's a big, half Dominican, half Italian man who is amazing. He has hundreds of missionary friends and I'm one of them! We grew really close and he's a brother to me.

We were saying goodbye to one of our Filipino families and they let me hold their Tarantula... They said he only bites if he's hungry. I can't believe I did it. I held a huge Tarantula!

Pure Fear
Something I learned very early in my mission, even before my mission, is that I'm here because I love Jesus Christ. Because of that love I love the people I've come into contact here. I've developed such a feeling of gratitude and love for God, my family, my friends and the Gospel because of my mission. The mission is a miracle that should not be missed in anyone's life. I can also say that regardless if you're wearing a name tag or not, you're on a mission. For the first time in my life I recognize that I'm doing something amazing not for myself, but for the people who were waiting and still are waiting for me.

The church is true and life is beautiful!

Elder Giforos

No comments: