Monday, September 29, 2014

Follow Up


Beginning this week we ran into a guy from Istanbul. He was so lost and didn't speak Spanish or English. For some reason he felt impressed to talk to us. Through many hand signs and pointing we directed him in the right direction. He noticed we were from the United States so he decided to take a quick "Selfie" with us. I have had the amazing opportunity to get to know so many cultures and people on my mission.

On Tuesday we headed over to Alcobendas for another Zone Council in the mission home. The spirit and inspired words in that meeting are incredible. We talked a little bit about always involving a good "Follow Up" to our invitations for both investigators and members. I shared a scripture that came to my mind from the talk by Elder Ballard last conference. I'd like to share it with you:

In the Acts of the Apostles it shares an experience of Peter and John healing a lame man next to the temple. The following happened:
4 "And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk."
Peter did not just extend this invitation, later in the next verses it explains his follow up to the invitation:
"7 And he TOOK HIM BY THE RIGHT HAND, and LIFTED HIM UP: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God."
Notice how nothing happened until Peter followed up to his invitation. When we invite we need to follow up or most of the time nothing will happen.

We learned a lot from our President and the other missionaries. We watched a talk that President Uchtdorf gave to the new mission presidents a few months ago titled, "Fear not, I am with Thee." It was amazing. Watch it please! We closed singing "I know that my Redeemer lives." Singing as a group of missionaries brings an incredible spirit.

We had a surprise opportunity to go to the temple the next morning. I was able to do a family name from back home and feel a very special spirit. This man was my great great grandfather's oldest brother. He now has the opportunity to accept a saving ordinance. 

Right after we had our Zone Training next door in the Pavones Chapel. My companion and I felt as if we were instruments in the hands of the Lord while He used us to teach our Zone and inspire them. We focused on, "FEAR NO MAN." One of the scriptures I love from what we shared is found in Isaiah:

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." (Isaiah 41:10)

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.... Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life. Fear not: for I am with thee." (Isaiah 43:2-5)

Our Saviour Jesus Christ is always with us. He will take away the Fear. We are never alone.

Last night we went to a musical concert directed by the Sullivans. (The MoTab singers) It was a two man show and it was amazing. Music brings a very special spirit. Our buddy Javier said he could definitely feel the Spirit there. He loved the temple and he's so excited to enter inside in two weeks.

I love my Saviour Jesus Christ and I can say with confidence that He loves you as well.

Elder Giforos

1 comment:

Noticias Dota said...

Oh! nice pic, my Elders hahaha