Monday, October 6, 2014

God Loves Each and Every One of Us Perfectly


Went on two comp exchanges this week! Both with some great Elders. Had the opportunity to bring them to my area. I was able to teach and inspire, as well as learn and be inspired. I am so grateful for the mission that I am in. The obedience and great desires that I've seen from other missionaries is incredible. I was blessed to be able to serve in the Spain Madrid mission. One of the Elders I brought to my area has a Storm Trooper suit back home, doesn't get any cooler than that!

I've learned so much about the importance of Fasting within these last 4 months. It is incredible how powerful and meaningful a selfless fast can be. I've gained a strong testimony of this great commandment by really taking it seriously and trusting in the Lord's promise in Malachi 3:10.

We went to our ward mission leader's house this last week for dinner. It was awesome hanging out with "Utah People." They're incredible people, both have served missions and have been seriously blessed for their service. We had a great time sharing mission stories as well as them giving us a lot of advice on life. Their cute little girl enjoyed our company as well. Great great night.

The pool of investigators just keeps getting more and more cultural. This week we found a two awesome girls from Germany and Laos, a sweet division 2 soccer player from Brazil, a way prepared for the Gospel Mexican guy, and a less active from Africa who has incredible desires to come back to church! Amazing people and countries!

I've been thinking a lot about the Sacrament as well. I really feel that a lot of us don't take this Ordinance as seriously as we should. It is so important. Like they said in conference, it is as if the Saviour Himself is passing the bread and water to us saying, "Will you remember Me this week?"
I feel that when we are in Sacrament meeting and the ordinance is being performed, we need to imagine ourselves there with the Saviour when he performed it Himself. How would we feel to actually be there when it happened?

I loved President Uchtdorf's talk about the question, "Lord, is it I?" That's teaching us to look deeply within our own lives and to change. Sure, if we'd like we could blame others for our faults and shortcomings but there is no progression or change! The change and progress really comes when we, ourselves, look deep down and have the desire to be more like our Saviour Jesus Christ. We need to say, "Yes, it is me Lord. I know I have many things to work on. I desire to be a better and more Christlike person. I'm going to do EVERYTHING I can do to accomplish that. Will you help me?" His answer will always be: "Yes."

Our investigator J is progressing! So much that he's going to be baptized this Saturday! So excited for him! We had a really special moment with him this week before conference: While on companion exchanges, we went to teach J about the Articles of Faith. After the lesson I gave him a little card that had a picture of Jesus with 4 children. One of the 4 was a darker skinned child like J is. I could see tears start to build in his eyes as he looked at the picture. He told me that a woman had told him when he was young that "dark skinned people like him" had no place in heaven. I looked at him and testified that our Heavenly Father loves all of us equally. The world has made a "difference" between skin colors. God loves each and every one of us perfectly. That's J's new favorite picture.

Conference was amazing as always. We had the opportunity to watch it in Pavones, in the chapel next to the temple. Lots of members and missionaries there. What a great spirit we felt. I feel like a lot of the speakers focused on 2 things mainly: Our own personal progression and following the teachings of the Prophet. You should see missionaries when conference rolls around. It's so energizing and spiritually nourishing.

Well, last but not least... We went to a Zoo/Aquarium today :) Yes, it was awesome. Felt like little kids again and we had a blast.

I love you all and am grateful for your faith and devotion to our Lord Jesus Christ.

"Decisions determine Destiny"

Elder Giforos

No comments: