Monday, November 17, 2014

The Best Two Years


Well, a lot of great and crazy news this week! It just amazes me how the weeks and months keep getting better and better. The best two years!

Great news: J decided that he wants to serve a mission next year! It's only been a month since he was baptized and he's just loving everything coming his way. He is such a great a example to me and I love the guy so much! He also went to his first stake dance... and let's just say they're a lot like the ones in the states haha. He has a great attitude about everything though.

Remember that Bolivian miracle family we started teaching about a month ago? Well, we had lost contact with them for about a month because of how busy they are but now they're back! They said we could pass by one night so we went by. The father expressed a lot of the doubts he had. We watched the Mormon message called, "La Voluntad de Dios." I testified to him about how much God loves him as well as we do. "Dios le ama. Tambien nosotros le queremos mucho." The spirit came and he started crying. He told me that he hadn't heard that phrase in so long. 13 years. He told us that he's ready to come back. They came to church the next day and were very well received by the members. I love that family so much.

Thanksgiving is coming up and we've been invited to go eat with one of the families from Utah! Woohoo! Looks like it will be an American Thanksgiving this year. We are way excited and I'm ready to put those turkey making skills back to use. The great thing about our ward here in B5 is that it is called the "International Ward" which means that there are people from all over the place. I've met quite a few Americans here. It's a blast.

There are two contacts from the street that really stood out to me this week. The first was a guy from a small country next to Italy who told me, without knowing about my dad, that I look like I'm from Greece. OHHHHHH YEEEAAAH! That made me so happy!

The second was a younger guy from Cameroon who just looked really sad. We talked to him for a little while about what he called, "Talk about Jesus." It was a great conversation and we asked him how he felt after, he told us with a smile, "My heart is very happy." The Spirit is amazing.

There's a really great video on the Mormon Channel Website called, "His Grace." "Jesus Christ really can heal and comfort us through anything; even drug addictions and losing loved ones."

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
9 "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

Have a great week everyone! I love you all.

Elder Giforos

No comments: