Monday, November 10, 2014

#WilliamIsMyBrother

He knows this makes me happy!
Well look at that, William is famous! That's so funny and awesome. #WilliamIsMyBrother
We started this week off with a little bit of bowling. We went with two other Elders from our neighboring ward and had a blast.

We were able to have 2 companion exchanges this week. I brought an awesome Elder from Finland to our area and we had a blast! Also, the next day I went back to Barrio 1 to work there with a good friend from the mission. There are some incredible missionaries in the Spain, Madrid mission. I've been so blessed to serve my mission here in Spain.

J blessed the Sacrament for the first time this week! We also had the opportunity to meet his aunt who lives in the same building. She asked us to help her paint her door and her... bathtub. (Yes, I said bathtub. Don't ask me why.) My companion painted the tub and I painted the door. Let me just say, we found some new talents! She thought we were professionals. I'll send a picture.

We've started, every Sunday at 7, to teach a Preach My Gospel class for all active, less active, and recent convert members. The first time we taught was yesterday and it was so awesome! The spirit was there and the members left feeling excitement to preach the Gospel. We feel like this class is going to help a ton!

I want to leave you all with a quote by Neal A. Maxwell as well as a scripture that I loved from this week.

"As you submit your will to God, you are giving Him the ONLY thing you can actually give Him that is really yours to give."

3 Nephi 17:20-22
20 "And they arose from the earth, and he said unto them: Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full.
21 And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.
22 And when he had done this he wept again;"

Jesus didn't bless the multitude of children all together at once, as he very well could have, but he chose to take them one by one. By His tears, which are expressed through these scriptures, I can feel the power of His eternal love. Jesus Christ loves each and everyone of you perfectly.

Elder Giforos

No comments: