Monday, April 13, 2015

Man in the Mirror

My 20 year old baby.
This week I turned 20 years old... I was looking in the mirror the morning of the 10th and thought to myself, "Dang, I'm not a teenager anymore... Oh well." I'm so excited to be 20 and for everything life has in store for me. They say the 20's are the best years your life right? 

My birthday was great! A few members made me a cheesecake! My favorite cake! We actually spent most of the day looking for more people to teach in the streets. We had a blast but not too much success that day. By the end of the day we started to head home and an older Spanish man with his wife started talking to us. He told us that he'd spent a lot of time with missionaries about 6 years ago. In fact, they taught him English! He expressed to us how much he loved the missionaries and that, although he didn't believe in God, he thought very highly of the church and its members. He literally made my day when he said, "Be proud of who you are and what you're doing. You are spectacular people." Great, great man. He was guided to us after 6 years of looking for us!

Today we went out to see a little more of Galicia with our Mission Leader and another member in our branch. By the way, they read the BLOG (and are probably reading this right now) and I just want them to know that I think they are awesome and I love them both so much! Anyway, we went to see a huge Fortress that Spain used to defend against France or something. After that we went and saw a huge ancient Celtic village. Apparently over 3,000 people lived there about 200 years before Christ's birth.



I don't have much time today because of that trip we took, but I wanted to share two things before I go. First off, there was something our Branch President said at church that I really liked regarding how each of us are different and special in our own ways. He said this, "If we were all the same... we would all like the same girls and that would be a big problem!" I thought that was hilarious. But hey, it's true! Each of us are special in our own way. We have different talents, strengths and weaknesses. If we let the Lord guide our lives He will use us as his instruments to bless the lives of others!

Second, a quote that I loved from Conference. President Uchtdorf said, "Many of the things you can count, don't count. Many of the things you can't count, really do." Or something like that. Let's think about "What Matters Most" in our lives. They better be things that have eternal significance.

I love you all!
Elder Giforos

1 comment:

Susana Hernandez said...

I really enjoy reading his messages. Thank you very much for sharing this with us.