Monday, May 11, 2015

My Son

Happy Mother's Day
Happy Mother's day all you mothers!! Had a great time yesterday talking to my family, it was so good to see all of them! Every Skype call I am amazed when I see my brothers, it seems like they're older and better looking than me every time!

We went down to Madrid this week to be trained how to use iPads! It made me feel really, really old... So many things are going to improve in missionary work. I was amazed at the things that they were introducing. It's incredible to see missionary work advancing in the digital age.

I won't write too much today (1. Because I don't have much time and 2. Because I basically told my family everything yesterday) but I wanted to share a quote I was reading this week by Brigham Young. I had the opportunity to go to the temple again so I dedicated my studies this week on Temples. Brigham Young said, at the dedication of the St. George temple the year he passed away:
"What do you suppose the fathers would say if they could speak from the dead? Would they not say, 'We have lain here thousands of years, here in this prison house, waiting for this dispensation to come?'... What would they whisper in our ears? Why, if they had the power the very thunders of heaven would be in our ears, if we could but realize the importance of the work we are engaged in. All the angels in heaven are looking at this little handful of people, and stimulating them to the salvation of the human family ... When I think upon this subject, I want the tongues of seven thunders to wake up the people."

Howard W. Hunter said, adding to this statement: "I invite the Latter-day Saints to look to the temple of the Lord as the great symbol of their membership. It is the deepest desire of my heart to have every member of the Church worthy to enter the temple. It would please the Lord if every adult member would be worthy of - and carry - a current temple recommend."

We have over 143 functioning temples! Let's use them!

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Giforos

Historic Meeting

No comments: