Monday, June 29, 2015

The Mission Never Ends


If the mission means loving people, then it never stops.

Bid thine heart all strife to cease;
With thy brethren be at peace.
Oh, forgive as thou wouldst be
E'en forgiven now by me.
In the solemn faith of prayer
Cast upon me all thy care,
And my Spirit's grace shall be
Like a fountain unto thee.
At the throne I intercede;
For thee ever do I plead.
I have loved thee as thy friend,
With a love that cannot end.
Be obedient, I implore,
Prayerful, watchful evermore,
And be constant unto me,
That thy Savior I may be. 

With my brethren in Spain, I have been at peace. I have forgiven and been forgiven many, many times. Prayer of faith has saved my moments of doubt and truly I have cast upon Him all my care. An ever flowing fountain has the Comforter been to me. I have felt the Pure Love of Christ expressed to me as more than just my friend, but as my elder brother. Obedience has been my faithful ally. Diligence and consistency on my part have brought many other children of God great and marvelous blessings. The Lord is my Shepherd, my Savior and Redeemer.

Do you hear the [missionaries] sing?
Singing a song of [grateful] men?
It is the music of [His children]
Who will not be slaves again!
When the [change made in their] heart
Echoes the [life] of [God's first son]
There [are many lives] about to start
When tomorrow comes!

I testify that darkness never has its own power over light. Light turned on will always cast out the dark but darkness can never be turned on to cast out the light. We only let darkness in when we voluntarily turn off the light. Never turn off the light.

The Gospel has a "familiar ring" to each of us because we all have this light inside of us. Many have discovered it and some still are yet to discover. Don't be voluntarily blind to the light of Christ. Like the miraculous account of our Savior who healed a man blind since birth, which went and washed in the pool of Siloam to receive his sight, we too will increase the power of our testimonies as we testify of He who saved us all from blindness. (John 9)

Like Christ wept as he walked with and finally left those he loved, I will weep as I leave these people who I love dearly and this beautiful country. These tears will drop to the soil of Spain with joy. 

The mission never ends. 

Because I have been given much, I too must keep giving. 

I love my Heavenly Father, my Savior Jesus Christ and my eternal amount of brothers and sisters.

Elder Giforos

1 comment:

Susan said...

Enjoy your wonderful reunion! Elder Gustafson was so blessed to share part of his journey. We wish you the best in this tender time together!